Position available for HCPC registered Podiatrist at Walsh Podiatry, Castle Bromwich, Birmingham, B36 0JG
Part time, Full time, Hours to suit
We are currently recruiting for a HCPC registered Podiatrist. This is an exciting opportunity to become part of a growing business in the heart of the West Midlands. The vacancy is for an enthusiastic, confident Podiatrist willing to be part of a team and open to develop their knowledge and experience. The applicant should also be interested in the business aspect of working in a small business and developing this for the future.
This is a part time or full time position, any hours that suit up to 37.5 hours per week, can include weekends if suitable. The role is a permanent position upon completion of the probationary period. Any amount of experience will be considered.
The position is a salaried position of £25 – £42K. (Pro Rata) depending on experience, plus bonus payments.
The candidate will preferably have flexibility to cover holidays.
The candidate will need to be HCPC registered and have the required professional insurance.
5.6 weeks Paid holiday per year.
Who are we ?
Walsh Chiropody / Podiatry has been established now for 20 years and has grown into a small team of Podiatrists providing a whole range of foot care for patients in the heart of the West Midlands. We have a modern clinic which has recently been refurbished with three surgeries running together side by side. We are open six days a week and offer late evening and weekend appointments.
Full reception / admin support is given. Our practice manager handles all overall running of the practice and the great reception team handle the day to day bookings and administration. We work closely with a Podiatry Clinical assistant who is responsible for instrument sterilisation, preparation of the clinic and assisting with nail surgery etc. The Podiatry clinical assistant basically looks after the Podiatrist and makes their life easier.
We treat patients for Routine foot care, Diabetic foot care and assessments, MSK using a variety of labs plus manufacturing simple insoles ourselves, Foot Mobilisation therapy, Nail surgery, Cryotherapy, diagnostic ultrasound, Injection therapy, Lacuna Treatment, Verruca needling, etc.
We are an expanding practice and have recently had the addition of a third surgery room. You would be joining a team of Podiatrists and clinical assistants.
– Training and mentorship will be given and is available in house.
– Develop your skills as a Podiatrist
– Move your career forward and gain from the wealth of knowledge from principle Podiatrist Dean Walsh.
Responsibilities of the job
- The initial assessment of the patients, diagnosis, treatment and implementing treatment plans;
- Diabetic assessments and screening and reports to GP’s and other healthcare professionals.
- Guide and advise patients on good foot health;
- Provide a consistently high standard of treatment;
- Good communication skills are required;
- Practice using an approach which is holistic and evidence-based;
- Maintain appropriate and thorough treatment records;
- Maintain a safe, welcoming environment for patients;
- Establish a clinical case load;
- Engage in continuing professional development to enhance your practice and the patient experience;
- Be responsible and accountable for ensuring all legislative requirements are adhered to regarding data, equality and diversity and health and safety.
- An interest in MSK / biomechanics and nail surgery would be beneficial although training will be given.
- Involvement in developing and implementing a foot health education programme within the practice and community.
- Mentorship will be given
- An interest in the development of the business will be advantageous.
You will need to have professional insurance and be registered with the HCPC.
Car driver essential
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £25,000.00-£42,000.00 per year
Plus Bonus scheme
We are fully Covid-19 secure and have implemented changes to the practice to ensure the safety of Staff and patients at this time
Apply with CV to Dean@walshpodiatry.co.uk
Reference ID: Pod April 21