Working either at our head office in Southport, Merseyside, or primarily at home in a suitable environment, you will be an experienced administrator familiar with the environment of adult vocational education. Initially the role is envisaged to require 20 hours a week on a mutually arranged flexible schedule between a Monday to Friday. It will involve administering our learning products, which include distance learning courses taking several months to complete and shorter ‘workshop’ style continuing professional development day courses. You will be supporting the efforts of our professional teaching staff, lecturers, and marketing staff.
The Institute of Chiropodists and Podiatrists, a national professional body founded in 1938 which supports statutorily regulated (HCPC) Chiropodists and Podiatrists with a range of services including medical indemnity insurance, ethical and legal guidance, representation to government and statutory bodies as well as to the public and other medical professionals. We are run by members for the benefit of members and directed by an executive board composed primarily of active members elected by bi-annual ballot, assisted by co-opted professional experts. We also provide Continuing Professional Development training for Chiropodists and Podiatrists who are either members of the Institute or other professional organisations. Currently, as one national role, we are working with NHS Health Education England as a part of their Industry Leaders group, revising and reviewing the promotion and delivery of our distance learning products including one designed to establish and provide a national framework for currently non-statutorily regulated individuals entering the profession of Foot Health Practice with a potential route to degree-level training enabling entrance to the regulated sector. See: https://www.hee.nhs.uk/our-work/allied-health-professions/future-proofing-nhs-podiatry-workforce
YOU WILL BE:
- A self- starter who demonstrates a ‘task and finish’ approach to their work duties, able to work with colleagues in a team manner but not requiring constant supervision or motivation.
- Familiar with Microsoft products including word, powerpoint, excel, publisher and possessing accurate keyboard skills with excellent attention to detail.
- If not within commuting distance of our head office in Southport, Merseyside, you will have a suitable working environment at home in which to perform your duties uninterrupted, as well as have a suitable internet connection to be able to participate in online video meetings when required and log in to our cloud-based CRM and communications system for the duration of your working hours.
- Able to attend specific events a few times a year such as national professional exhibitions etc, at which the Institute may have a presence. Also, if working predominantly from home, be able from time to time to meet your supervisory staff at either Southport or some other location for which out-of-pocket travelling expenses would be paid.
- Have an approachable manner if interacting with students and able to be the ‘friendly (yet professional) voice on the phone’ when either answering students administration questions or be able to direct them to appropriate support including our teaching staff.
Initially the basic hourly basic rate will be pro-rata equivalent to £25,000 per annum, ie £12.02 per hour paid monthly in arrears. In addition, there will be a bonus payment, dependent upon student numbers, course completions and student retention, which could increase this substantially. There will be a three-month probation period in order to establish your suitability for the role. As a long-established professional body, the Institute has a policy of fairness and support for our staff. This role may have development opportunities for the right candidate who can demonstrate ability and a willingness to buy into our ethical and professional mutually supportive work culture and grow both the role and their own personal professional development.
All applications and enquiries by email to email@example.com