“The Podiatrist in the Box!”
Catherine Brown, Barrister, Bond Solon Training
12 May 2018 – 11.30am to 12.30pm
! limited places available – book early to avoid disappointment !
Podiatrists during their career may find themselves in a witness box giving evidence either as a witness of fact or an expert witness. This can be a daunting, unfamiliar and uncomfortable experience, where doubt may be cast on the Podiatrist’s experience, notes, methods and procedures followed by them.This highly intensive and practical session will look at how Podiatrists can effectively present evidence as a witness in court and some of the techniques they may experience when being cross-examined. The session will build up to a live mock court hearing where you will see how you can present evidence effectively.
Key learning points
- Role of the Podiatrist in Court as an Expert or Witness of Fact
- How the adversarial system works
- Techniques lawyers use in cross- examination and how to handle them
- How to give clear, honest and objective evidence
This session will be delivered by Bond Solon Training. Bond Solon is the largest provider of Expert Witness and Witness of Fact Training in the UK and have been involved in preparing witnesses in some of the UK and world’s highest-profile cases. Since 1992, over 250, 000 witnesses have attended their programmes.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Programme & Speakers
The Institute is delighted that the following keynote speakers will be presenting at our Conference in 2018:
11 May 2018
- Workshop:“Growing your business through effective messages” by Tony Gavin, OSGO
- Lecture:“Dementia Friends” by Linda Lawson, Alzheimer’s Society
- Lecture:“Red flags of the foot and lower extremity” by David Lintonbon, DO, PGCert(ClinEd)
- Workshop:“Setting a price in private practice” by Jonathan Small
- Lecture:“Achilles Tendinopathy” by Daniel Lawrence, Rocktape
- Workshop:“Lacuna Method for fungal nails” by Nicola O’Brian, Love your feet CPD courses
- Lecture:“Anatomy & examination of the spring ligament/tendon of muscle tibialis posterior” by Michael Ratcliffe, Cuxson Gerrard
- Lecture:“Management of Plantar Hyperhidrosis” by Dr Richard Oliver, STD Pharmaceuticals
12 May 2018
- Workshop:“Verruca? Verrucae? Verrucee?…. Plantar warts” by Belinda Longhurst
- Lecture:“Introduction to platelet rich plasma” by Martin Harvey
- Workshop: “Flexitol – A range to add valu and profit!” by Caroline McGowan, Flexitol
- Workshop:“Our role in fall prevention” by Olga Frankowski, Medifoot CPD School
- Workshop:“Emtrix – update on research including Nail Psoriasis” by Steve McGowan, Moberg Pharma
- Workshop:“The pelvic equilibrium theory – a new pardigm” by Clifton Bradeley, Sub-4 MD
- Workshop:“Cosmetic podiatry – a beautiful way to diversify your practice” by Nicola O’Brian, Love your feet CPD courses
- Lecture:“Clinical management and self management of Raynaud’s / Scleroderma in the foot” by Tracey Spray, SRUK
- Workshop:“Podiatrist in the Box!” by Catherine Brown, Bond Solon Training (NEW for 2018)
- Workshop:“First aid” a 2 hours workshop by Martin Harvey
- Workshop:“Safeguarding children and adults” by Somuz Miah
- Workshop:“Medical cuppings for the lower limb” by Abid Ali
- Lecture:“First principle & innovative business thinking to develop a mega practice” by Clifton Bradeley, Sub-4 MD)
- Lecture:“Naloxone saves lives” including an open Q&A on substance/alcohol/POM misuse by Dr Carola Sander-Hess
Medical Trade Exhibition
The IOCP National Podiatry and Associated Healthcare Conference features trade exhibitions from podiatry suppliers. Its continuing success is evident in the number of new and long-standing suppliers we welcome to the conference each year, making the exhibition a one-stop-shop for podiatrists needs.
If you are interested in exhibiting at our event please either download the exhibition and sponsorship form and post to The IOCP, 150 Lord Street, Southport, PR9 0NP or contact Julie Aspinwall on +44 (0)1704 546 141 / email