Foot Mobilisation Course
Date:27th & 28th November 2021
Time:09:00 to 17.00 two full days
Location:Biomechanix Clinic Ltd
Wyken Medical Centre
Tutor:David Lintonbon, DO PG Cert Clin Ed
Somuz Miah, CFPodM, BSc(PodM), Cert HTox, Dip Sp.I, PGC IP, MFPM RCPS(Glasg)
This foot mobilisation course is open to all HCPC registered chiropodists or podiatrists, physiotherapists, doctors, nurses, chiropractors.
A podiatric joint manipulation/mobilisation technique is a gentle hands-on rapid forceful action to help restore foot and ankle joint mobility.
It is an effective and safe treatment for painful joints and stiffness due to tissues/ tendon injury. This technique can be beneficial with combined with other modality i.e. Prescription orthotics.
This 2 day intensive training course combines both theory and practical, covering;
- Review of anatomy of the lower extremity
- Theory – Motion testing and palpation
- Principles of leverage and coupled motion in manipulation
- Combining leverages
- Contraindications and red flag pathologies
- Explanation of HVT, Grade 1-5 mobilisations
- Motion testing and palpation
- Mobilisation, muscle energy techniques and manipulative techniques will be demonstrated to the foot ankle and lower extremity.
- Care of patient and care of self
- Delegate places are limited (Max 12)
- This course is approved and certified by The Institute of Chiropodists and Podiatrists
- CPD certificates given on completion of training (16 credits)
David Lintonbon, DO PG Cert Clin Ed
David qualified from the British School of Osteopathy in 1985 and the University of Brighton where he was awarded the Post Graduate Certificate of Clinical Education. David has been teaching osteopathic technique & Dry Needling for over ten years in the UK and Japan.
Somuz Miah, CFPodM, BSc (PodM), Cert HTox, Dip Sp.I, PGC IP, MFPM RCPS (Glasg)
Somuz is a qualified Sports Practitioner (Diploma Sports injuries & Electro Therapy, 18 years). He qualified in dry needling 4 years ago. He has been practising podiatry for over 20 years. Somuz is a Consultant Podiatrist Prescriber & Member of the Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons Glasgow.