Become a member of the Institute
We focus on delivering support to the practitioner.
Here are 10 Benefits of being an IOCP member:
- All HCPC registered Podiatrists and Podiatric Surgeons can apply to join The Institute of Chiropodists and Podiatrists industry leading malpractice Insurance Cover Scheme.
- Members receive quarterly issues of Podiatry Review, which can contribute to your Continued Professional Development.
- Our Annual General Meeting is the ideal opportunity to feedback to the EC on any areas of concern, opportunity and development.
- Members receive Continuing Professional Development Support– Guidance and assistance with the members continuing professional development portfolio for HCPC audits and a 20% discount on Elsevier academic books
- Members can enjoy Business Support from our advice partners
- Members have access to specific eIntegrity programmes, an award winning e-learning platform created by the Royal Medical Colleges and leading professional bodies
- Access to the members area of the Institute website, which contains the latest news, information, online Continuing Professional Development and discussion forum
- Members can join the IOCP ‘Find a practitioner’ service to promote your business to members of the public finding the IOCP website through search engines.
- Members can Network through local member branches, situated throughout Britain, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland for peer support and CPD events
- Members have access to a confidential advice service, including advice from the IOCP medicines and procedures panel on the use of drugs and therapeutics as well as appropriate podiatric procedures.
- Members are eligible for The Institute’s awards scheme
IOCP Mission Statement
The Institute serves members throughout the whole of the profession of podiatry and podiatric medicine. Its members include chiropodists, podiatrists and podiatric surgeons, employed and self-employed at all levels of practice. The Institute certificate of membership is proof that members undertake to adhere to a strict code of ethics and professional conduct and that they have access to some of the UK’s most innovative continuing professional development training.
The Institute is a democratic organisation with the election of officers both local and national being decided bi-annually by members. All members therefore play an active role in their own affairs. For more than 60 years the Institute has followed an independent line at the forefront of the profession it serves, for the progress and well-being of both the profession and the public.
Terms and Conditions of membership
Membership of the Institute of Chiropodists and Podiatrists is granted at the absolute discretion of the Membership Committee.
Membership is not an automatic right, it is a benefit for members who adhere to our reasonable rules and treat other members, staff and partners with respect. We may, in the event of misuse of membership, using reasonable discretion, decide to suspend or terminate your membership at any time. Failure to pay membership fees is not the only reason to terminate membership, conduct and misuse of membership can also lead to that result, such as, but is not limited to, behaviour which is troublesome or shows lack of respect towards fellow members, staff, or partners; criminal actions; or actions which are generally perceived to be immoral, unethical or contrary to the IOCP’s membership rules. In the event of an application being declined or membership being terminated no correspondence will be entered into.