Application for Membership
Members: A candidate for admission to Membership of the Institute of Chiropodists and Podiatrists must possess the qualifications required by the Health and Care Professions Council for registration as a Chiropodist/Podiatrist (UK Members). The application must be made in writing and addressed to the Secretary of the Institute on the form prescribed in the appropriate schedule of the Bye-Laws.
- Satisfy the Board of Education and Ethics of the Institute that he/she is of good character.
- Satisfy the Board of Education and Ethics of the Institute that he/she is in good health, both physically and mentally.
- Have completed a course of study recognised by the Board of Education of the Institute.
- Be Registered (or eligible for registration and are in the process of application) as a Chiropodist/Podiatrist on the Chiropodists and Podiatrists part of the Health and Care Professions Council Register or be Registered with the Department of Health in the Republic of Ireland
- Inform the Institute of any current, pending, or potential complaints, claims, sanctions or other disciplinary or potential disciplinary matters, from whatever source. In the event of any of the foregoing developing subsequent to application or after admission they must immediately inform the Board of Ethics via Head Office.
A Member may use after his/her name the post-nominal appropriate to his status with the Institute, for example MInstChP, FInstChP, CFPodM, but any person who has for any reason ceased to be a Member, Fellow or Consultant Fellow shall not after the date on which he/she ceases, describe or in any way refer to himself/herself as a Member of the Institute, nor use any words or letters representing himself/herself to be a Member, nor shall he/she refer in any professional announcement to his/her past connection with the Institute as a Member.
Members with an appropriate qualification recognised by the Institute College of Podiatric Surgeons may, upon being granted formal written recognition by the College, use ACPodS, MCPodS or FCPodS as appropriate to their confirmed status with the College. Post or pro nominals granted by a UK university or other organisation recognised by the Institute must be used accurately in line with their accepted UK use.
The Certificate of Membership must be returned to the Institute on cessation of Membership.