Become a member of the Institute
We focus on delivering support to the practitioner.
Here are 10 Benefits of being an IOCP member:
- All HCPC registered Podiatrists and Podiatric Surgeons can apply to join The Institute of Chiropodists and Podiatrists industry leading malpractice Insurance Cover Scheme.
- Members receive quarterly issues of Podiatry Review, which can contribute to your Continued Professional Development.
- The annual conference and AGM is an excellent source of professional development: including lectures, workshops and master classes (plus a great dinner dance!)
- Members receive Continuing Professional Development Support– Guidance and assistance with the members continuing professional development portfolio for HCPC audits and a 20% discount on Elsevier academic books
- Members can enjoy Business Support from our advice partners.
- Access to the members area of the Institute website, which contains the latest news, information, online Continuing Professional Development and discussion forum
- Members can join the IOCP ‘Find a practitioner’ service to promote your business to members of the public finding the IOCP website through search engines.
- Members can Network through local member branches, situated throughout Britain, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland for peer support and CPD events
- Members have access to a confidential advice service, including advice from the IOCP medicines and procedures panel on the use of drugs and therapeutics as well as appropriate podiatric procedures.
- Members are eligible for The Institute’s awards scheme
IOCP Mission Statement
The Institute serves members throughout the whole of the profession of podiatry and podiatric medicine. Its members include chiropodists, podiatrists and podiatric surgeons, employed and self-employed at all levels of practice. The Institute certificate of membership is proof that members undertake to adhere to a strict code of ethics and professional conduct and that they have access to some of the UK’s most innovative continuing professional development training.
The Institute is a democratic organisation with the election of officers both local and national being decided bi-annually by members. All members therefore play an active role in their own affairs. For more than 60 years the Institute has followed an independent line at the forefront of the profession it serves, for the progress and well-being of both the profession and the public.