First Aid Course
Date:1st July 2017
Time:9am - 5pm
1 Pure Offices
Lake View House
Tutor:Mr Somuz Miah
BSc, CFPodM, MFPM RCPSG (Glasg) Consultant Podiatrist / Advanced First Aid Instructor
Cost:Members £95 non members £125
Maximum 12 students
There are only 12 spaces available and as these courses are very popular please book early as they are allocated on a first come basis.
Could you save a life?
– Our convenient Saturday course will give you the skills
This course is for all healthcare professionals
Our One Full Day course gives you:
- An awarding body compliant with the requirements of the Health and Safety Executive’ in respect of first aid at work safety legislation approved 3 year Level 2 EFAW certificate*
- Up to date information on first aid rules and legislation
- Teaches effective action in an emergency
- Trains you to make a primary and secondary casualty survey
- Trains you in cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Covers disorders of respiration and the circulation
- Covers burns, scalds, wounds and bleeding
- Covers epilepsy, anaphylaxis and adrenaline use***
- As an extra, covers defibrillator familiarisation use
Somuz is an OFQUAL and SQA qualified trainer in safeguarding children and adults, first aid, anaphylaxis, oxygen and defibrillation. Somuz has more than 12 years’ experience in teaching/training with qualifications `Certificate Teaching Skill Evidence Based Medicine’, & ‘Level 3 Award in Education & Training’ Certification as well as IOCP`s award for `Outstanding Contribution Towards Education` (2015)
He has been practising podiatry for over 17 years. Somuz is a Consultant Podiatrist Prescriber & Member of the Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons Glasgow.
* Unlike courses not recognised by the awarding bodies compliant with the requirements of the Health and Safety Executive’ in respect of first aid at work safety legislation, our EFAW course permits graduates to be appointed First Aiders in establishments employing up to 50 people.
***You do not need LA or POM’s certificates to train in adrenaline use, this course trains attendees to lawfully use a patient’s own adrenaline auto-injector that has been prescribed for them if they are at risk of anaphylaxis in the event of an emergency.
How to Book
Contact Julie on 01704 546141 or email firstname.lastname@example.org